Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Moment of Clarity

Epiphany: the sudden realization or comprehension of the larger meaning.

I've been seeing a lot of this, the past few days.

Photobucket

A week ago, granddaughter Mackie was reluctant to ride. I believe it's because she's outgrown her 12" bike, and just never got comfortable on the next bigger size. (Going from 12 inches to 16 inches is a huge commitment!)

But after some coaxing, she got on board. We rode a lap around the park - about 1/2 mile of nice, smooth sidewalk. She wanted to go another lap... and then another.

Since then, she's been very persistent in her efforts to talk me into going riding with her. Every night, we've ridden 3 or 4 loops around the park. Every lap, she's a little less wobbly and a little more confident. When we get home, she rides around and around and around in our driveway, until I insist that it's time to stop. This weekend, I hope we can expand her horizons by getting on some paths a little farther from home. She's excited - I'm excited!

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Clancy said...

Very cool. Learning to ride a bike is the ultimate freedom for a little kid.