Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Urban Bambis

Yesterday on the ride home, I caught a glimpse of a doe out of the corner of my eye. I pulled up on the reins, and lo and behold, there were a half-dozen or so alongside the Greenbelt.

1003-greenbelt-bambis-1a

1003-greenbelt-bambis-1b

(In the photo above, it's obvious how well-concealed they are. One is directly above the vertical post my bike is leaning against; another is just to the left. As always, a bigger version of the photo can be had by clicking on it.)

While I was standing there, a lady came by with two dogs in tow... that really put Bambi on high-alert status!

1003-greenbelt-bambis-2

They seemed pretty oblivious to the rush of motor traffic, about the same distance away as I was, but on the other side. And needless to say, the folks in those cars were totally oblivious to Bambi, too! (The only time motorists see deer is just before they smash into 'em!)

No comments: