Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Boise Bike Week

Now is the time to pencil in some events for Boise Bike Week - May 14-19. It'll be upon us before you know it.

Website HERE. Click on "Schedule of Events." My hat is off to the organizers; each year it seems to get bigger and better.

Some interesting events:
- Bike Maintenance 101 class, Tuesday at Boise Bicycle Project
- Ride of Silence, Wednesday at Camel's Back Park
(Memorial ride for fallen brother and sister cyclists. I did it last year and the "silence" aspect was meaningful - an emotional experience.)
- Block Party, Thursday in the Linen Building area (Grove @ 14th?) Booths, live music, etc.
- Bike-In Movie Night, Friday at Boise Bicycle Project. ("Quicksilver." I think I'll pass, but if you like that movie... I'm more of a "Breaking Away" or "The Bicycle Thief" guy.)
- Pedal Power Parade, Saturday afternoon at Capitol Park. The grand finale, and always fun.
(I hope to bring Mackie, maybe on her own bike but more likely on the tagalong, just because of the interaction with lots of other riders.)

No comments: