Friday, April 27, 2012

Want to survive a tornado? Wear a helmet!

I heard this on the radio this morning. One year ago today, 8-year-old Noah Stewart was hurled high into the sky by tornado winds as his house in Pleasant Grove, Alabama was blasted. His momma says, "I actually saw him up in the air, stuck up in it, being tossed around as high as the power lines." Then the winds stopped and Noah dropped like a rock. The Little League batting helmet he was wearing likely saved his life. Story HERE.

I've never seen a tornado, other than little summer dust-devils. And if I live to be 100, it won't break my heart if I NEVER see a tornado. They say it sounds like a freight train. I guess the moral of the story is... snap on that brain-bucket and then head for the root cellar, or hunch in your bathtub. But on the other hand, if Dorothy had been wearing a helmet, she mighta never met that nice scarecrow and the others!

No comments: