Friday, January 18, 2008

Afternoon Commute, 1/17

How was your commute yesterday? Did your insulated, climate-controlled steel cocoon get you comfortably to your destination? I hope so.

My commute was nice!

Sure, it was a little on the chilly side, but it was great to be part of the environment for a few minutes.

The sun was, of course, low on the horizon. And it cast a particularly spectacular light on the hills northeast of town. I slowed down to enjoy the occasion... and even stopped and snapped a photo.

080117dusklight

This was taken on the Greenbelt, just south of the "Garden Street trestle."

While I was taking the photo, I heard some rustling along the creek-bank to my right. And what do you know? Three (at least!) "Urban Bambis," creeping stealthily around. Magnificent creatures.

080117UrbanBambi

It amazes me that they are literally within sight of - and the mechanized roar of - "The Connector," where thousands of motorists go by, oblivious to what they're missing. (I would've likely not noticed 'em myself, if I hadn't stopped for a moment.)

Yeah - you can have that MSDC (Mobile Sensory Deprivation Chamber).

(Click on either photo for larger viewing / downloading options.)

No comments: