Sunday, October 4, 2015

Ridin' buddies

Pardon me while I go all proud-grampa on you.  Here are some photos of my three beautiful granddaughters, with their buckets on.



 
Bonnie, 2, is on the left.  She's got an awesome lady bug bucket, and as soon as I put it on, she wanted to go for a bike ride.  (She rides in a seat in front of me on the "beater bike," but has just about outgrown the seat.  She went almost 400 miles with me last year, and we're over 300 together this year.)
 
Mackenzie, 8, has been riding bikes as rider or passenger since before she was a year old.  Back in '11, she and I did one of the most enjoyable projects of my life - we rode to 92 playgrounds around Boise over the summer!  She rides her own 24-inch pink bike these days... and it's a bit harder for me to get her to go; pedaling your own bike is harder than riding the tag-a-long!  And... as she gets older she has more interests competing for her attention.
 
And Maren, 7 months, is visiting from far-off Providence.  It's going to be more of a challenge to ride bikes with her, but we'll figure something out.

No comments: