Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cold & Icky!

Boy howdy!  I'm getting weary of the winter.  (People talk about Global Warming like it's a bad
thing!)  (I jest.)

Yesterday they said it was -3 at morning commute time; it was the first day that I really felt my bicycle commute was unhealthful.  The hairs in my nose were icing up... my fingers and thumbs were tingly-cold... and if you took a deep breath it stung, due to combined cold and pollution.

130122 cold smoggy 1

130122 cold smoggy 2

(Boise is situated at the base of a mountain range; in certain conditions the air tends to stagnate for days at a time.  I've commented about it before.  The air in the valley is cold and polluted, but if you climb the mountain, you break free.  I just checked the Bogus conditions - Bogus Basin being our nearby ski area - it's currently sunny and 46 degrees.  Sigh...)

Well... it'll eventually break.  Maybe by this weekend, they're saying.

2 comments:

Clancy Anderson said...

Pretty sure most drivers in Boise figured out what cyclists already know, you Are driving a 4000lb. Missle.

Marcus said...

Great winter bike. They don't make 'em like that anymore.