Saturday, December 7, 2013

Used-up tire

Now and then, somebody asks me, "When do you switch out an old tire?"

When the part that touches the road isn't black any more, that's my indicator.  Actually, I noticed a few little red blotches a couple weekends ago when I cleaned up the drivetrain, and I've been riding on good luck since.

This tire gave me fantastic service - between May and today, it rolled over 3482 miles - with zero flats!  Sah-WEEET!  I'm totally sold on Vittoria Randonneurs!  (A slightly wider, and significantly better-treaded tire went on, for the winter months.  That's good, because there's 2 or 3 inches of snow on the ground out there.)


2 comments:

Marcus said...

If you ever run into these tires , I would urge their purchase. My wife's bike has your Vittorias and they have been great.

http://www.schwalbetires.com/node/37

db said...

I've been using Randonneurs for years. They are my favorites.

You can get good tires for cheaper, but these are great tires, and there is a difference between "good" and "great".