Sunday, May 13, 2007

BOISE BIKE WEEK - May 14-19

Boise Bike Week - starts tomorrow, runs thru next Saturday.

What does it mean?
- I hope I'm a little frustrated all week long because the bike paths I normally have mostly to myself are jam-packed with fellow cyclists.
- I hope the bike racks are filled to capacity and the parking lots are empty.
- I hope we have BAD inversion... but it doesn't matter because nobody's spewin' nasty emissions into the air.
- I hope the morning traffic guy is befuddled all week because there is no bad traffic to report.

I've made up my mind. I believe I'll ride to work EVERY DAY next week! I'll also do everything I can to participate in the grand finale Pedal Power Parade (Saturday, 3:30pm, Healthwise on Bogus Basin Road).

http://www.boisebikeweek.org/

Join me! Get somebody else to join us!!

1 comment:

db said...

I'd say that there are more bikes out there this week. And that's good and bad. Good in that there's fewer cars. Bad in that I'm seeing a lot more bikes on sidewalks or on the wrong side of the road.

I'll take the bad with the good, but I do worry about a bike-auto conflict ending badly this week.