When do you plan your summer vacation? If you're already looking at 2020... put NORTH IDAHO BICYCLING on your short list.
I went in 2012, and again in 2015... and last week I hit it once again.
It wasn't quite as breathtaking the third time as it was the first... but only because I wasn't seeing that spectacular scenery for the first-time-EVER. I hope I can squeeze it in every 3 or 4 years, until my kids declare that I'm too old to ride a bicycle any more... and then maybe 2 more times after that.
The Missus was kind enough to loan me the Family Truckster. I drove from Boise to Pinehurst on Monday (Labor Day) where a tent spot was waiting. I camped there 4 nights, and rode downstream to Heyburn State Park for the 5th night.
- Tuesday I rode up the Route of the Hiawatha in the morning, and back down in the afternoon.
- Wednesday I hooked up the trailer and dragged my camp to Heyburn, along the Coeur d'Alene Trail.
- Thursday I rode back to Pinehurst.
- Friday I rode upstream to Wallace, then back to Pinehurst.
- Saturday I was compelled to pack up and head for the flatlands. (It's the only way I might get to use the Truckster again some day.)
(More photos can be viewed HERE.)