Friday, February 26, 2010

Bike Commuting = Money in the Bank!

Wow!

I knew it was coming, and I've written about it before, but today was the day! I got an extra 160 bucks in my paycheck, to offset the expenses associated with bicycle commuting!

Yep. Bicycling was a significant mode of travel for me in 2009. (20 bucks a month for each month that I rode. I had 12 months, like always, but the program didn't start until May 1.) I submitted receipts to prove I had some bike-related expenses. Actually it was only one receipt... the receipt for the $500 deductible I paid to replace my stolen bike.

Those poor suckers who park their cars and trucks in the parking garage pay dearly for the privilege. I get paid to park my bike in the bike room. Sweeet!

(Of course in reality, that $160 is Chump Change compared to the total dollars saved by bike commuting.)

No comments: