Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New bike - new motivation!

There's nothing like some shiny new wheels to knock a cyclist out of the doldrums. Especially after a month-and-a-half of riding the clunker.

In the 24 November days since my new ride arrived... I rode all 24 days and accumulated 464 miles. Several of those days were in the rain. At least one was in the rain, with 35-degree temperature, at night. (I rode over to my mother's place to watch the BSU-Utah State football game on her cable TV. Mom loves college football. She worries about me when I'm out there on the mean streets... but I'd feel bad if she didn't, I s'pose.)

November turned out to be one of my 2 or 3 highest-mileage months of 2009.

0911-new-bike-&-flock-of-se
(Bike with flock of seagulls in the background, Fairgrounds)

No comments: